Off The Rails Arthouse, Ladybank, Fife
Monday 17 April or Saturday 22 April, 10.30am – 3.30pm
£65 per person
Join me at Off The Rails Arthouse in Ladybank for a day of creative bookbinding that will equip you with the skills to make 2 book structures featuring a decorative cross stitch – a great opportunity to try your hand at this wonderfully addictive craft and leave with a set of books that make for great sketchbooks, journals and personalised gifts!
Throughout the workshop I will share my passion for bookbinding and approach to transforming remnant materials into unique and usable books. This workshop is for a max of 8 people to ensure plenty of hands-on guidance – bookbinding beginners most welcome.
In the workshop we will make:
* An A6 leather or pleather book with exposed layered cross stitch binding – an opportunity to experiment with different coloured threads and decorative inside pages.
* A small A8 sized book with cross binding – a great way to repurpose offcuts and experience the joy of making mini books
I will take you through the process step by step with lots of ideas on how to personalise your books and add finishing touches.
>Following the workshop you will be given access to video tutorials for each of the binding techniques covered that you can use as a reminder should you want to make more at home – be warned, bookbinding is an addictive craft!
All materials are included in the cost of the workshop, which comprise of remnant leather/pleather, coloured threads, buttons, decorative and vintage papers, plus my go-to Flat White plain paper – made from recycled coffee cups, great for sketching, watercolour and general note-taking . In addition to this you are welcome to bring along any of your own materials to see how these can be worked into your books, such as old maps, artwork, test prints, wallpaper, wrapping paper etc.
- All materials are included in the course cost
- All tools are provided with the option to purchase at the end of the workshop if you would like to take them
- Tea and coffee and biscuits are provided but participants should bring their own lunch and utensils (we will have a half an hour break for lunch)
- Class aimed at adults and suitable for over 18s
- There is a free carpark and train station close to the venue – click here for further details on how to get to Off The Rails Arthouse
- I require a minimum of 6 bookings to go ahead with this workshop – if the workshop has to be cancelled you will be given advance notice and offered a full refund or invite to transfer your booking to another date
*Please note: this venue is not wheelchair accessible as there is an external stairway at the entrance of the building.
To register for this workshop and receive a payment link, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org